Parakeet Encounter at the Super Pet Expo
Learn more about "Parakeet Speak"...
So who likes parakeets? I do, and I got to see lots of them at the recent Super Pet Expo in Edison, New Jersey. The event took place Feb. 6-8 at the New Jersey Convention and Exposition Center. Continue reading to learn more about “parakeet speak” and take a minute to watch a flock in action.
Never having raised a parakeet myself, I’m not an expert. So I visited ParakeetCare.org to find some information.
For one thing, did you know you can teach parakeets to talk? Here is how to do it:
- The key to teaching parakeets to talk is persistence.
- Repeat the words you want your parakeets to learn repeatedly each day. Soon they may pick up the words and incorporate them into their everyday speech.
- Male parakeets are easier to train, especially when there are no more than two.
- You are their flock so they will learn your words and will make up new sentences using word combinations.
- If there are many more parakeets in the flock, they tend to revert to parakeet speech and forgo the language you have taught them.
There's no doubt in my mind they were speaking “parakeet” to each other inside the Parakeet Encounter at the Super Pet Expo. Watch the video below and tell me if you agree!
Have your own parakeet story? Share it with us! And visit ParakeetCare.org for more tips on parakeet care and training.
Susan, Taurus and Gemini